Old March 23rd 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Feeling pretty crappy ...

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote

I had thought she'd eaten this flavor she's rejecting before, but now
I'm thinking I misremembered. I got it because it's not seafood --
she much prefers the seafood, and I worry about mercury.

I don't think there's much of mercury problem with most seafood outside of
shrimp and tuna. Salmon is ideal because it's farm-raised.

the lady at my pet store gave me a free can to try), but that has rice
in it, and I try to stay away from carb-y foods for her ...

Again, I don't think you need to worry about rice, as they probably use
whole grain which is not nearly as dangerous, carb-wise, as white rice.

Hey, we all make silly mistakes. Try pleasing seven kitties with one type of
food! But they eventually adapt and eat whatever is served. The only thing
that absolutely won't get touched around here is any of the cheap, off-brand
stuff, even if it came from a can.