Old June 9th 05, 10:26 PM
Adrian

Bev wrote:
Yowie wrote:

If sick cats need purrs, then sick 'puters need whirrs :-)

Home Puter refused to start up this morning. Its been a bit wonky up
until now, in that it didn't always want to recognise its hard
drive, so sometimes you'd have to boot three or four times before it
recognised the hardrive (and therefore executable software) and kept
going to a usable Puter. It was stable after it had found its hard
drive, but because of its problems when booting up, we tended to
just leave it on with a screen saver running. But this morning I
woke up to a blank screen and it never woke up again.

I'm hoping its still under warranty, because I'll be taking it back
to the shop this lunchtime. I hope its something as simple as a
loose connection, and won't take long to fix, because Joel will
start getting twitchy if he can't play World of Warcraft, and a
cranky and twitchy Joel is not something I want to put up with (I
don't call him a Bear for nothing!). I'll start getting twitchy too
if I can't access my e-mail and RPCA on the weekend, but at least
while I'm at work I have ways of contacting the outside world :-)

So any spare 'puter whirrs out there would be appreciated.

Yowie
(and if radio silence follows, you'll know what has happened)

I know what has happened. The puter is full of bubbels!!!!!!
Good luck with the repairs.

Bev

If that's the case, then it's your fault. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.