Old February 17th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

Default Religious door to door callers are dense....

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:12:37 +0000, Helen Miles wrote:

This is a minor rant, so bear with me...

JW's are quite possibly THE most annoying people on the planet. I have a
BIG sign on my front door that says

"No salespeople, NO religious callers, NO political canvasing. Official
callers must have ID."

To me, that is perfectly clear. I don't like to be disturbed by people I
am not expecting as it disrupts the cats and it invades my privacy.

JW's just don't get the hint though. Apparently they are immune to signs
telling them to get lost. So, the doorbell goes at 8am this morning (a
saturday), and I get up and answer it because it might have been my
elderly neighbour needing help, which I don't mind at all. BUT, it was a
pair of bloody JW's!!!

As I pointed out that I REALLY wasn't interested, and by the way they
should learn to read, Miss Lily Whiskers slipped out between my legs and
into my front garden. The cats are absolutely not allowed out of the
front door because I live on what can be a busy road at times as it is
used as a rat-run in rush hour. That would have usually been fine as
she's done it once before and I normally just pick her up. But this
time, the JW's spooked her and she ran into the street. Fortunately she
was missed by the car coming up the street at the time, but it scared
her badly and she is now really spooked.

To say I wasn't polite to the JW's was a bit of an understatement. I
think I might have gone a bit over board when I called them illiterate
morons though. ;o)

Helen M (who is very relieved that Miss Lily Whiskers is fine)

Suggestion: If you can perhaps a screen door would serve you well. MLB