Old July 11th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default KFC today

"Yowie" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 01:02:13 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I'm glad I didn't take the vet's advice about sending her to RB
just yet. She continues to drink her rehydration fluid in
preference to plain water - she has a choice. It has made a real
difference to her, so thank you to
those who suggested it.
She is eating as well as a CRF kitty can. Turkey mince 12 secs in
the microwave goes down well. Tomorrow I will offer her beef
mince. What she
really liked was when Boyfie brought her a vole on Sunday, she
scarfed it down in a minute and a half which produced a good
litterbox result the following day. I wish I could buy voles for
her.

Feeder mice from pet stores are close. And safer than wild caught
voles.

Why are they safer?

They will be free of diseases and parasites that wild caught animals may
have.

Frozen mice could be gently warmed to blood temeprature before being
offered to KFC, if that was preferrable. I couldn't do it, but maybe if
KFC was my cat and it was good for her, I could get over my irrational
revulsion.

It's surprising what you can do if your cat's life is at stake. Up till now
it's not been necessary but if it is, I will.