Old October 26th 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default You're very fortunate people here..........

Suddenly, without warning, Kelly Greene exclaimed (10/25/2009 12:53 AM):

I don't need another vet to disgnose her. We know what she has.

The point is, your current vet may have misdiagnosed her. She might
have something else completely different, which is why the treatment
isn't working. She may have something *in addition* to the inner ear
infection, or something caused by it, which is treated differently.

I've never, ever heard of a cat being euthanized for having an inner ear
infection, even a severe one.

Cybercat might not be the most diplomatic of us here, but in this she is
right, you really should see another vet before making a final decision
on your cat. I would - if I didn't I would carry the guilt the rest of
my life, that maybe if I'd taken that extra step, the new vet might have
found something new, or have found the real cause and saved my cat's life.

If this were your child, would you hesitate to see another doctor if the
first wasn't fixing the problem, and your child was suffering?

jmc