Old April 8th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Question Regarding Adoption

"Wendy" wrote in message

You have to be tough or these guys stand the chance of ending up back on
the street. Too many people see animals as disposable. I hate to tell you
how many cats we've had recently who were left outside to fend for
themselves because their people moved and just left them behind.

When I was at the clinic with my cat yesterday, a man came in with a HUGE
carrier. I thought he had a dog, but it was just a lone cat inside. He
said that a neighbor was getting rid of the carrier so he took it, because
he needed something in a hurry. He had just moved into a new apartment and
said it came with two cats. The previous tenants were college students who
were evicted because they couldn't pay the rent. The man said he told them
to leave the two cats, because he figured the kids would just end up
abandoning them somewhere since they didn't even have a new place yet. He
had a male cat with him that day and said the other cat was female, and
pregnant. College students should not have pets, whether they live on or
off campus!! I thought it was fantastic that this man decided to keep the
cats, and now he's going to have a litter of kittens that will need homes in
a few months.

--
Liz