Old June 13th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

Default Ping Candace; Phoenix Vet Story

On Jun 13, 7:23 am, bookie wrote:

good for you, but you are not doing much for my faith in human nature
(what's left) or trust in vets. why do people work as vets and vet
nurses if they are going to behave like this? are they people who like
hitting and abusing animals and so take the job so they can fulfil
they desire to do so (kind of like a kiddie fiddler working in a
nursery).

That's just it. It's like a daycare worker abusing children. Whether
he's on a power trip, or just hates his job and takes out his
frustrations
on the animals, who knows?
No one should *ever* trust a vet because he's a vet. (and that
statement
is from experience--not an abusive vet, but I trusted an incompetent
vet once)

Hang around as much as you can and don't let them do anything behind
closed doors, if it's a minor thing like lancing an abscess, or an
exam.

I had a vet even let me watch a dog spay once. It was *really*
interesting
and not at all bloody like I expected. It was so cute when he was
bringing her
out of anesthesia. He was talking to her, by name; and if you hadn't
been
watching, you'd swear he was talking to a child.

Sherry