Old November 5th 03, 05:05 PM
Chris

I just finished 'fostering' a 'feral' kitten about this age for the local
shelter. I had found him by where I feed 2 strays--- After a week, shelter
asked if I would be willing to put him back because he was 'feral'. After
three weeks here, he was fine & I brought him to shelter every morning to
have him seen by people int. in adoption. It took 4 days & he was adopted.

What I did was keep him in my bathroom with door closed the first night.
The next night I opened the bathroom door so he could wander in my bedroom.
He immediately found under the bed & several times a day I would sort of
shove him out so he wouldn't stay there all day. He took to the litter box
immediately, learned where his food was, etc. I held him for 5-10 minutes
several times a day.

After 4-5 days I introduced him to one of my cats who instantly became his
buddy. By a 1/12 weeks he figured out where I was feeding the other gusy
(kitchen) & just made his way up there at feeding time. He was still a
little nervous about someone reaching down for him but would come if you
stooped down first.

It was not really hard; just took a little patience. When I got him, I did
not use a trap but got a friend to sort of help me corner him. He sure put
up a fuss, ultimately managed to get an old blanket over him & scoop him up.
Got a couple of scratches but I have a pair of cheap ($4) leather work
gloves that I keep in the car & that protected me from those sharp little
teeth.

Go ahead, it is well worth the effort--just remember we're awfully big for a
little kitty--try to always go down to his level--the floor!
"Aimee S" wrote in message

Hope it's alright to post, but I need help, I have a trap and plan to
trap a 10 week old kitten tomorrow, she is very wild, any idea's on how
to tame her, she's a little calico, and I have several strays in my back
yard, but don't want another female having kittens in the spring. I
realize I will get scratched and probably bit, don't mind that but if
there is any help on tameing her I would be very grateful

Thank you sooo much, Aimee