Old January 19th 17, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Kasupski

Default Preferred Golf Ball

On Wed, 18 Jan 2017 19:07:20 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

LOL It's as good an explanation as any. BTW, I don't know about Buffy
but Persia absolutely despised tuna. Early on I had to give Persia a
pill. The vet suggested hiding it in some water-packed human tuna:
she'll love it! Persia looked at me like "You expect me to EAT this?!"
She never cared for fishy cat food, either. Chicken, turkey, beef,
yep. In subsequent years I discovered Greenies Pill Pockets (chicken),
which usually worked.

Minnie seems to change her menu preferences from time to time. I just offer to
share whatever I'm eating with her (as long as it's not anything harmful to
cats, like chocolate). She used to get half a slice of balogna every afternoon
when I made my lunch. Then she got tired of it and wouldn't eat it any more, and
her current favorite is that prepackaged Oscar Meyer ham that has little bits of
cheese in it. She loved the ham I made for New Year's too. She also currently
loves cherry fruit pies. Won't eat the crust, but considers it a personal insult
if she doesn't get to have her share of the filling.

Tuna...if I give it to her and I'm not having any, it will sit in her bowl and
rot. But let her see me making macaroni salad or my quick-and-dirty tuna
casserole, she wants her cut of the tuna before I mix it in. She knows when I'm
making either of those because she sees me boil the pasta first while I collect
the other ingredients on the kitchen counter. It's one of the rare times she'll
actually meow at me rather than use one of her more usual vocalizations.

Her favorite kitty treat right now - the only ones she's ever had, in fact - are
the chicken-flavored Pounce ones. I chose them to be her first kitty treats
because they're soft and moist and apparently cats think they're tasty because
I've yet to see a cat that didn't come running from anywhere within earshot upon
hearing me get out the Pounce and shake it No matter what she's doing, she
stops and gives me her undivided attention the instant she sees me open the door
to the cupboard she knows they're stored in...and when I haven't seen her for a
while and don't know where she's hiding, I can just go get out the jar of Pounce
and give it a few shakes and in a few seconds she'll be standing at my feet
rubbing up on my legs with her tail straight up and twitching and "Happy Kitty"
just written all over her - a scene you can witness at least once a day here,
since I didn't get them to put them in the cupboard and look at them!.

LOL...we've now gone from golf balls to eating habits - WHAT topic drift?

Pill Pockets are a gift from heaven! In my experience, trying to pill a cat
without them has generally been a disaster for all parties concerned.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY