Old January 15th 17, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Flying Kitty, Anyone?

On 1/14/2017 2:24 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 09:17:19 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

LOL Well, she was at the back door and I came in through the front. I
figured if she was gone I could just take the stuff back to the store
the next day. I did try to find out where she came from. Put up fliers
and called the area vets and the shelter. No one had reported her
missing. She was a lovely grey cat, looked like a Russian Blue.

I had a male Russian Blue - Charlie (RB). Outstanding cat. Ranks #2 on my
all-time list, behind only the legendary Goldie (RB).

She was very smart. I used to give her a can of Fancy Feast as a treat
every Sunday. The food was stored in the pantry in the kitchen; the
shelves in the pantry were set off to the side and I had a large kitchen
trash can right in front of the shelves. One *Saturday* I walked into
the kitchen to discover she'd opened the pantry door, maneuvered around
the trash can and knocked a can of FF down. She scooted it to the
middle of the kitchen floor. Then she sat down next to it and waited...
when I walked into the kitchen and saw her I burst out laughing! Of
course she was rewarded for that clever trick.

Awwwww. :-)

Some cats seem to excel at dropping very strong hints like that. Minnie's little
catnip mouse on a kitty fishing pole has an electronic squaker inside of it. She
also has a non-catnip mouse with a squeaker in it. To tell me when she wants me
to get out the catnip one and play with her, she goes and gets the other one and
drops it right next to my feet, then stands there with one front paw repeatedly
pushing on it to make it squeak while she stares up at me. Only a complete idiot
who pays no attention at all to her could possibly fail to understand precisely
what she's trying to tell me.

We just finished playing with it 20 minutes ago, and right now she's all curled
up asleep on the floor below me with her head and both front paws on my right
foot using it as a pillow. That's not a difficult message to understand either.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Right. "Don't go anywhere until I'm ready to have you do something else."

They're very good at training us.

Joy