Old May 16th 15, 06:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Peeing in corners

"Sylvia M" wrote:

My daughter's cat, Cleo, started peeing in corners of the room with
her litterbox, and on the rug in the foyer. This may have started when
they acquired a puppy, golden retriever, now a two-year-old dog. They
mostly co-exist, and since the dog is not allowed in kitchen, dining
or living room, (he's very obedient about that) that's mainly where
the cat hangs out. He does get overly friendly with sniffing and
licking her. Then they get into a fight and then she runs into the
kitchen , behind the cabinet island, or into the dining room.

Cleo uses her litterbox for b.m.s and sometimes urination, (it's a
self cleaning box). Daughter has changed litter, changed to just a
covered litterbox . . . no joy. Cleo will pee on aluminum foil when it
covers the corners where she does it. This is a pain for my daughter
to clean up every day, and sometimes Cleo will find another place on
the wood floors to use. instead.

Not a UTI, has been checked repeatedly. Vet has no opinion as to what
to do.

My daughter thinks it's an "attitude problem" . . that Cleo does it
because she doesn't like the dog. She was there first. Any solutions,
beside "get rid of the dog" ?

I wrote a lengthy answer, but then it occurred to me... Why on Earth is
she keeping a two-year-old Golden retriever indoors? Sounds like the
pets aren't the only ones with problems. Talking about two girls by any
chance? Please don't answer.