Old October 28th 15, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Renee[_2_]

Default Jellicle Ball 2015 begins

The Batson Cats slowly file in with their glow sticks and find soft cushions to sit on. Mattie, who is thankful for the ASL interpreter, sits slowly down as her old bones are fragile and her body is not long for this world. Hunnybun gently sits next to Mattie, thankful that she can attend, knowing that tomorrow she will be joining those who have passed and that her name will be called at next year's ball. Finally Max, in his ever present tuxedo, stands up to give his tributes to Petey and his brother and litter mate, Bobby Boo.
"Wee are glad an sad tew bee heer tonite. Glad tew honer Boo an Petey but sew furry sad they are no longer part uff our home. I will begin wiff Petey as hee wuz thuh firzt tew leave us.
Petey came tew our howze in 2002, just befurr Dommie passed on. Hee insisted on being a Batson Cat an wud trip Paw on hiz way inna howze. Meowmie saw that hee wuz nawt fixed even tho hee wuz nawt broken. Sew hee hadta see TED. Hee came home tew recuver inna howze an the hoomin kitten, Zoë fell in love wiff him and him wiff hur sew she sed, "Daddy, can we keep him, he's lost his home". Nobuddy that Meowmie could find had lozt an orangestripeyboykitty, so Paw sed "yes". Petey was Zoëkittens kitty companyun furr 12 yeers. Hee alzo took a likin tew the boyhoominkitten, Ben. Lazt yeer, TED sed Petey had kidney dizeeze. Hee did gud until Novemburr. Wee all sed gudbye an now Peteys ashes sit onna mantle above the fireplace. Petey nursed hoomins wiff all kinds of ailments. Petey was the furrst tew greet any guests and Petey will always be rememfurred and loved.

Now, furr my brofurr, Boo. As kittens, wee were rescued frum under the bushes, owtside hur howse, by a nice lady who lived wiff hur Mom. They hadda d*g that didnt like kittens so wee hadta find a noo home. The nice lady found the 7 C's rescue kitty group at the college an Meowmie Renée sed shee wud find uz homes. Aftur losing Otis Spunkmeyer an Dommie, boff Meowmie an Paw were furry sad but wen Boo an I came along, wee filled their shooz (pawz) in such a wunderful way cuz Meowmie sed I wuz sew much like Otis an Boo wuz like Dommie that it wuz ment tew bee. Sew wee boaf beecame Batson Cats! Uncle Petey wuz there as nurse cat tew help uz recovur frum our fixed wen nawt broken surgeriez. Meowmie noo then that Petey wuz a nurse cat furr sure.. Wee moved tew a noo bigbigbig houze an had lotz uf room tew play an run. Then, lazt Thankgiving Eve, Boo went missing. I kept telling him nawt tew listen tew thuh bulliez wen they sed notty fingz but hee wuz the Deputy (I am Sheriff) sew hee felt hee had tew proteckt uz all. Aftur monthz uf Meowmie searching thuh whole nayburhood an moor, they finally fownd him, undur the porch. Poor Boo. Meowmie cryed an cryed an cryed in myown furrz an cryed sum moor. Hiz ashes are next tew Peteys on the mantle. Boo wuz Meowmies bonded/heart cat. They were furryfurry close, espeshully the last week, befurr hee went missing an she is thankful furr that speshul time. I will miss my brofurr an always keep him in my heart.

Max wipes his eyes and sits down next to Mattie and Hunnybun, offering them each soft, white handkerchiefs to dry their tears.