Old September 2nd 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Default Pet Smart kittens & cats?

On 1 Sep, 22:15, "Sheelagh o" wrote:
The reason that I am so interested is because over in the UK, we
don't
have
anything like that. You can buy fish, guinea Pigs, hamsters, Snakes,
birds,
rabbits & occasionally chinchillas from a pet shop.......But, never
dogs, cats,
puppies, & kittens. If you want to get a cat or a dog or kittens and
puppies,

A place not so far from where I live calls itself something like "East
End Puppies" and according to the signs (I only go past when its
closed) sells puppies and kittens and a year or so ago, a friend was
telling me about a local pet shop that had kittens in its windows for
sale so it does go on but I don't think it's that common. Indeed at
least one or two local petshops refuse to sell any live animals at
all. The one I use is happy to put up cards from people with animals
needing homes and to act as a contact between would-be cat slaves and
the local rescue but refuses to sell any live animal
including fish (he refers people to a local aquarium shop), which is
one reason I use the place

In London we don't have "pets At Home" (is that it?) or anything like
that, I think there's one in Romford, which is quite a way away (It
was there the last time I was there but since mum died I really don't
have any reason to go back there so that must have been a few years
ago). I gather they're cheap but if you don't drive how do you get
half a ton of cat litter back? A cab would completely eradicate any
savings

Still if you have such a place locally I think it would be an
excellent idea to organise adoptions- anything that helps cats find
their forever homes is a good idea

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs