Old November 1st 03, 05:20 PM
Gigi

Default Flat Nosed Cats

Instead of lambasting the flat nosed cats why not come up with some constructive
ideas to help the owners of these cats? We have a Persian with a somewhat flat
face and we purchased him as a kitten. We wanted a Persian because they are
noted for their docile and loving nature, their ability to adjust to indoor
living and of course, their beauty. Yes, we would have been happier if he
hadn't developed quite such a flat face but we adore him and have figured out
ways to help him eat comfortably. My husband built a platform that is raised
off of the floor about 2 inches. This helps Archie to eat without having to
stick his whole face into his food and water bowls. Also, we feed him his wet
food on a flat saucer. Archie is very intelligent (another trait of Persians)
and can sit up on command, walks on a leash, travels well in our motorhome and
has generally added greatly to our lives. We searched the various pet rescue
centers, humane societies, etc. but just couldn't find a likely candidate for
our mobile life style. In our younger days we rescued many cats. All of them
had some trait that made them less than enjoyable. This time we purchased a cat
and are very satisfied with the results.
Gigi