Old June 19th 05, 01:57 AM
Biskybabe

On 2005-06-18 16:05:14 -0700, "C. Andrews La Varre"
said:

Biskybabe wrote:
Supervision. Lots and lots of supervision. And positive reinforcement.
And consistency.
can. It's a LOT of work, though, to train them to do so, and you can't
just let them go out and expect them to remember that, say, not getting
on the fence is against the rules.

Sigh, kinda like raising children...

Something like that, yes.

As an aside, all the cats are chipped and the kittens (well, they're 2
year old 'kittens') have collars.

Hank also is chipped and now collared, but of course that would not
have made any difference in this case.

I'm also thinking about some kind of gps tracking device...???

We've discussed the electronic key finder gadgets on their collars.
Press the button, hear the beep, find the cat. I don't think they go
very far even when they're out of the yard, though.

I'm glad you found Hank! Sounds like he's a great cat.

Yes he is, very special to me.

Thanks for the reply.

No problem.

I'm kinda new to this whole cat thing and trying to sort out the cat
groups. r.p.c.health+behav is ... interesting, but I'm looking for a
more useful place to chat about cats.

bisky