Old July 2nd 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul[_2_]

Default Q on hairball onitment

On Jul 2, 1:29*am, jamina1 wrote:
Were I you, I would not use the Walmart brand stuff, if only because
it comes from an unknown source (made in china, probably). I know that
several online suppliers offer higher quality remedies for similar
pricing - Laxatone was always a good brand with our kitties and one of
our cats would seriously wait by the closet door in order to get the
treat every day. I think its malt flavored. Others, of course,
wouldn't touch the stuff and we had to smear it on their paws to get
them to eat it.
My mom uses small quantities of vaseline in much the same way if
necessary as well.

On Jul 1, 10:02*pm, ensoul wrote:

I just go to wally world to get it but, my friend told me I should
never use "that crap" and only buy it from the vet

Is that true?

my guys won't eat it, I have to spread it on my fingers then hold them
down and rub on thier front legs that way they have to lick it
off...same friend tells she just mixes the stuff she gets from the vet
in his food and it all gets eaten

Moe & Rudy (brothers, neurtred, indoor) have very long hair, major
prob w/hairballs...Moe I can groom & use the fruminator on, even trim
his fur when matts start but Rudy you can't groom at all even tried
different brushes, luckliy his fur isn't quite as long as Moe's

Lynn- Hide quoted text -

and thanks