Old August 10th 03, 04:06 PM
Stacey

Default big black ants

Egads.. then you'd have to get CLOSE to it!!!!!!

Stacey (who's been known to run around naked while spraying a spider with
Windex till it drowned)

"Lisa Katt" wrote in message

Jill McQuown skrev i meddelandet
.. .
wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

Lizzie was 'chasing' one of those big black ants in the kitchen
the other day.

shudder

I remember those big black ants. They don't have those in California -
or at least, in the Bay Area, where I live. We get these little tiny
ants. OK, they do travel in huge throngs. But I think I would prefer
to deal with a throng of tiny ants than a single huge one. We had
those in my house when I was young, living on the East Coast. They
freaked me out, and I was often afraid to go to bed, in case one of
them crawled on me at night. Ugh, my skin is crawling just thinking
of it...

Joyce

This is funny! I was showing a woman at work in a catalog this adorable
little statuette of a kitten sipping out of a teacup when suddenly she
jumped and grabbed her side. I said, "Are you okay?" I'd turned the

page
corner down and she spotted a photo of a snake-lamp and just about jumped
out of her chair! She said, "Oh, it's that snake." Oh! Even a picture

of
one makes her react like that.

With me, it's palmetto bugs. They are like huge flying cockroaches,

common
to the Southern U.S. I once spotted one crawling across the tile floor
while I was in the bathtub. I jumped up, leaped over it and ran naked to
the kitchen to grab a can of bug spray. Then I chased it all around the
bathroom with the spray, chanting "die, die, die!" That would have made

hilarious video!

Jill

Would it not have been easier to just whack it with a shoe or something?
Elisabet