Old February 8th 04, 11:02 PM
Yoj

Chris,

I would definitely get a second opinion. There are treatments for
kidney stones for humans, and virtually anything that can be treated in
a human can be treated in a cat. My Tawny had problems with bladder
stones, and they were always treatable. The vet also told us that
having a male cat neutered often stops this type of recurring. We had
Tawny altered, and he never had another bladder stone.

Don't give up on your cat! Find a vet who will treat him or her. Best
wishes to you and the cat.

--
Joy

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
My Mainecoon cat has been diagnosed with kidney stones. I was hoping
to get some feedback from other cat owners who have expierienced this.
What treatment did you seek? Was surgery involved? A change in diet?
My vet says he is a time bomb waiting to explode. He said there is
really nothing he can do. Also maybe some links to websites to do some
research.
Thanks in advance
Chris