Old January 31st 14, 03:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Cat in heat

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:12:58 -0600, "lonzo" wrote:

She's around eight months old.
A week ago I captured a little feral male cat in the
skunk trap. He's about five months old. Ever since
she's been crying and moaning. The boy has tamed
up good in a week. He was as wild as he could be, biting,
scratching. He finally figured out the proper way to use
a litter box. Now they both run through the house playing
and _______ing. It's going to be interesting to see what the
babies look like. She's a brownish Persian, he's a grey &
white short hair, muscular. He's going to have a story to
tell his friends if I release him. Being inside during terrible
cold weather, with plenty of food, doing stud service.

If I keep the boy cat, how will he treat the kittens?
Will he need to be segregated?

He's a good little cat, now that he calmed down and
stopped biting.

I don't know why he'd need to be segregated but if you're going to
keep him I'd get him neutered. Otherwise they do tend to spray and get
aggressive.