Old March 28th 04, 02:57 PM
John Doe

"Heather Konieczny" wrote

I had one of these. When I got my new kitty, in addition to my 8
month old, the two would play so rough and race around the house and
up the cat tree. Soon, the tree broke and knocked my baby kitty out
cold. He didn't move for 45 seconds!

I made a similar mistake with a bird (no, not because of a cat tree,
something else). He recovered too. But I felt really bad anyway.

I wouldn't jeopardize my kitties
life again by buying something so cheap! Spend the extra money to get
something solid. Unless of course, your cat is not very playful and
wouldn't rush up the thing.

Maybe you could stabilize it with something. A nylon string from the
ceiling connected to the topmost part for example. That assumes you can do
physical stuff or have a friend who can.

Good luck.

"~*Connie*~" wrote in message
It's one of those things that you put together, like a base, 4
posts
and 4 platforms and it reaches the ceiling. The posts appear to be
made

of
real thick cardboard (think toilet paper when the TP is all gone).

I was wondering if anyone owned one of these or if anyone
thought
this seemed like a good deal?

If you don't have a large cat, then they work ok.. I personally
bought a tree from Wal-Mart that is about three maybe four feet tall,
that has a house at the top of it, and my cats love it. I also
bought a five foot

tree
on ebay that they absolutely love..