Old July 28th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Laurie

Default Standing in Line at Petsmart

Sherry wrote:
On Jul 27, 10:32 am, "Wendy" wrote:
If you ever see someone making those purchases again speak up. Many
people conclude they have a behavioral problem or the cat is
spraying because they've heard of those things but might not be
aware of the variety of urinary tract problems there could be and in
some cases how easy it is to remedy (change of food for example).
The offender isn't off the hook yet and still could end up minus
his/her happy home if the $200+ doesn't solve the problem.

Wendy

I wouldn't make that assumption of a total stranger. It would be just
as easy to assume,
like cindy, that this is a fairly knowledgeable cat owner who
obviously is putting forth
much effort on the problem. I'd even go as far to assume that a
veterinarian is probably
where she got the recommendations for the products she was buying.
But who knows? I just thought it was curious how *obvious* her problem
was, given the
specific assortment of purchases. I've got enough to worry about at
home without
worrying about total strangers ... :-)

Sherry

LOL - that could have been me not too long ago... we had added a new male
cat to the mix here and despite both everykitty in the house being fixed and
staged intros, both male cats took to peeing in inappropriate places. The
house is now divided and everyone is back to doing what they should...the
rest of us just have to remember to keep doors shut and put up with the
yowling from whichever of the two boys wants to be on the other side at any
given moment. :-)

Neither lost their home - and we've since rescued another kitten (female) so
we are at 4. The earliest resident male gets along well with the 2 female
cats and the dog - the other male lives with me in the master suite. :-)

Laurie