Old August 3rd 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Boo's Boobie Update

"LauraM" wrote :

Glad your Boo is better. I don't know the whole story, but after
seeing your website and reading your posts, I know you are definitely
a lover of cats. Hobbes sends his best wishes too. meeeeoowww!!

Thank, Laura. You're a really nice addition to the group.

The main thing is, if you feel a lump, go get it checked out. (On your cat
or you ...!) I found a lump, had her at the vet the next day, had it out the
next morning, and the pathology says it was benign, though some 80% of
mammary tumors in cats are malignant. The total, from initial vet visit to
stitches out? $350. Could we have used it for something else? You bet. Would
I have found a way to come up with it if we had not had it at that moment?
Absolutely. She's 14--and could live to be 20 with good care, and we love
her. I know you would do the same for your gorgeous Hobbes.