Old August 3rd 03, 06:28 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:20:43 +0100, "Dooies B.B"
wrote:

I took her to the vets about 8 months ago and due to her drinking lots more
and stuff it was suggested that she did have mild kidney problems, but it
was also suggested that at her age perhaps it would be better not to treat
her.

VERY bad vet. Get a second opinion right away.

I just find it difficult to watch her slowly stop existing. I've had her
since I was 5, and I still remember her scaring me silly by playing in the
saucepans and stuff. And now she really rarely moves much.

The problem really for me is just not knowing how much she is suffering.

Cats do a very good job of hiding suffering, so your point is very
valid. However, a good vet should be able to get a proper diagnosis.

Shes never really complained, even when I knew she was suffering, and I
don't want to discover she is suffering terribly and only living because of
some basic need to stay alive, and not much else. I mean most people with
mild atheritis would probably not want to be put to sleep, but someone who
is suffering with really bad athertis, hurting everytime they move, might
sometimes wish they could die peacefully.

But thank you for your thoughts

Don't give up yet. Get that second opinion as soon as you can.

--
Bob.

Anything on the ground is a cat toy. Anything not there yet, will be.