Old April 23rd 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - Really down today

As some of you may know, I have a problem with situational depression - and
the "situation" has been really bad lately (overwhelming financial worries,
things breaking, "must" purchases (our refrigerator broke beyond repair),
severe health problems*, etc.). The news DH gave me last night seemed to be
the last straw!

* Most worrying is my continuing problem with severe iron deficiency.
Monday my doctor said he'd like me to see a hematological oncologist, but I
haven't met my deductible yet so I can't schedule it for a couple of months
yet.

Anyway, DH works for a help desk company that used to contract out to AT&T
internet service. His company lost that contract but picked up the contract
for Sprint cell phone help desk service. When they merged the people from
AT&T into those already working for Sprint, DH ended up losing a LOT of
seniority. With the loss of seniority came the loss of being able to pick
decent hours/shifts. He was told last night that new schedule is 12:30PM to
9:30PM Saturday through Wednesday with Thursdays and Fridays off. Since I
have to be in bed before 10:00PM this means I'm not going to be seeing my
husband except for an hour or two on weekend mornings before he has to leave
for work. He's going to talk to his supervisor about the possibility of
changing shifts, citing my health problems, but we have little hope that it
will change the situation.

I would greatly appreciate any spare purrs for things here to change for the
better in ANY way.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped