Old April 23rd 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default OT - Really down today

CatNipped wrote:
As some of you may know, I have a problem with situational depression
- and the "situation" has been really bad lately (overwhelming
financial worries, things breaking, "must" purchases (our
refrigerator broke beyond repair), severe health problems*, etc.). The
news DH gave me last night seemed to be the last straw!

* Most worrying is my continuing problem with severe iron deficiency.
Monday my doctor said he'd like me to see a hematological oncologist,
but I haven't met my deductible yet so I can't schedule it for a
couple of months yet.

Anyway, DH works for a help desk company that used to contract out to
AT&T internet service. His company lost that contract but picked up
the contract for Sprint cell phone help desk service. When they
merged the people from AT&T into those already working for Sprint, DH
ended up losing a LOT of seniority. With the loss of seniority came
the loss of being able to pick decent hours/shifts. He was told last
night that new schedule is 12:30PM to 9:30PM Saturday through
Wednesday with Thursdays and Fridays off. Since I have to be in bed
before 10:00PM this means I'm not going to be seeing my husband
except for an hour or two on weekend mornings before he has to leave
for work. He's going to talk to his supervisor about the possibility
of changing shifts, citing my health problems, but we have little
hope that it will change the situation.
I would greatly appreciate any spare purrs for things here to change
for the better in ANY way.

Lots of purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart