Old April 7th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
J&T

Default Cat has a foot fettish ??? :)

Yea I have foot problem ? whatever.. she does it with anyone, clean,
socks on, anything.. just runs from hands. And I know the difference
between them scenting something and wanting a pat.

Thanks for the other "helpful" replies all ! will try all that

The food one is actually starting to work already !

Cheers.

"IBen Getiner" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Apr 2, 5:39?pm, "J&T" wrote:
Got a ragdoll X cat, beautiful girl she is, but she has a wierd problem..

She wont let me pat her at all with my hands, if I put my hands anywhere
near her she runs off, but if I try and scratch her with my feet, she
LOVES it ! will let me do anything to her with my feet

Sometimes if im very slow she will let me use my hands for a bit, but she
soon runs off..

Anyone know what could be going on here ? id love to be able to pat her
properly now and then

Any advice would be great.
Thanks.

Sounds like it's you with the foot-fetish. She won't allow you to
touch her because she's apparently afraid (for what insidious reason,
I can only guess). But your feet probably stink, which is why she
allows you to do it that way. Cats have this funny thing about giving
and receiving odors. Don't ask me what it is. The jury's still out on
that one. But apparently she likes your stink, Personal preferences
are just that, and cannot always be explained. More than likely, you
just THINK that you're scratching her, when all the while she's just
scent-marking you.
Good luck with your foot problem, JT. That was a funny story.

IBen Getiner