Old December 20th 03, 04:28 PM

Default Recent Injury

Our male indoor/outdoor, neutered cat came in yesterday evening with a
raw spot near his right armpit. He licks it quite a bit. No blood,
some plasma, looks like there are puncture marks from a plant, cactus?
(we're in Tucson AZ) These don't look like bite marks. It seems he is
making the puncture site holes (??) bigger as he keeps licking the
area. He's in good spirits, eating with a regular appetite.
Anyone have a way to cover the injured area with a polstice? some kind
of patching agent that is non-toxic so it wouldn't hurt him if he
licked the site? Any luck with one of those plastic neck collars to
keep him from licking? I'm extremely skeptical about this collar
idea--I mean, come on! It's a cat, not a dog!
This doesn't look very traumatic, but we'll take him in to a vet if he
makes things worse.
Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

-*-Bill