Old December 28th 13, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default My Grey Cat is turning brown

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I know from reading about cats all black and grey cats are basically brown.

I just gave Persia a nice brushing. She's not a long-haired cat but she
still has a nice ruff around her neck. Well, I noticed it's turning
brown. Same thing with her chest.

I cannot capture this in a photo, sorry. It is rather surprising.

Jill

I think it's fairly normal for old(ish) black cats to turn brown with age,
so as blue is a dilute form of black, maybe it's not so surprising?
KFC was a black tuxedo and she turned brownish when she was in her teens.
Just a thought.

Tweed

Oh, I don't think there is anything wrong with her. She is getting
older, after all. Her fur is just showing the brown so much more. It
sort of startled me to see it so prominent. She does love basking in a
puddle of sunshine.

Jill