Old July 11th 08, 10:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default Frontline bad?

"Robotech_Master" wrote in message
g...
Perhaps Phil can chime in on this.

I ran across this link (actually an advertised link in my Gmail; I'd
just bought some Frontline via eBay) and it makes some pretty ominous
claims regarding Frontline.

http://www.cedarcidestore.citymax.co...88/3194699.htm

Of course, it is trying to sell its own "use me instead" product. But
I can't help but wonder, is there anything to this?

First off- you really shouldn't buy any meds on eBay-especially high-price
flea products- or from any online source that isn't an authorized dealer.
The internet is flooded with counterfeits whose packaging are
indistinguishable from the real thing. At best counterfeits aren't
effective; at worst they could be highly toxic. Also, even if the meds are
the real thing, improper storage/handling can reduce their effectiveness.
Buy your meds from your vet. If you ever have a problem at least you'll have
some recourse and documentation.

About the article- sounds like an "au naturel cult" scare tactic to me.
They'll tell you aspirin can kill you... If I were you, I'd take it with a
large grain of salt.