Old May 10th 05, 01:08 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 09 May 2005 16:40:42 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

(to the audience) Compared to some of you vaccination believers out there, I
have never been one to enrich veterinarians for preventative measures. But
I've also never had more than two cats simultaneously and they have been
mostly indoor animals.

(to Mandarina) The experience you relate sounds like deliberate over dosing
with a toxic substance. The vet is likely following some protocol having
nebulous benefits beyond enriching the vet. MY feeling is no vaccination
should produce those kinds of side/after effects.

I recently adopted a cat and took him in for neutering and vaccination
without knowing these issues existed. He is going to be an indoor
cat, which suits him fine, and this will probably be the last time he
gets a vaccine, now that I have learned a thing or two. He has
developed oozing lesions between his shoulder blades but seems to be
in good general health. I have been waiting for him to recover on his
own, but perhaps I should do something. If so what?

I had no idea that pharmacology was so lax in this area. People pay
money for this service. Why aren't more of them screaming bloody
murder? I hope my cat will be ok. I swear I will drag out the hammer
and goddamn tongs if he's not.

Charlie