Old April 23rd 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_2_]

Default Ants! Part two

http://www.gardensalive.com/product....&ss=ant%20bait

I had (past tense) carpenter ants. The pro at the expensive pest
control place said they are almost impossible. Repeated
treatments, $175 per treatment.

One application of this (squirted some in a jar lid, and left it
on the table) and havn't seen an ant since. No kidding!

Hint: Don't buy a lot of stuff on your first order from this
catalog, cause they keep sending catalogs. And every couple
catalogs they have a "Buy $25 and get $25 freee" coupon on front
or back.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Jane" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Up until now, all I saw were tiny little ants in Rita's dry
food
: bowl.
: Cleaned that up, powdered the floor, sprayed the immidiate
: infestation, put down ant traps, and put her dish on a plate
with
: water. Problem solved. Yeah, I saw one or two on the counter,
but I
: probably dragged them up with me at one time.
:
: This morning I found another one or two on the counter. Ick.
Cleaned
: them up, put away
: the clean dishes, emptied the dishwasher and refilled it.
:
: A couple of hours later, my friend showed up to visit for
awhile. I
: went into the kitchen to
: cook lunch. ANTS ANTS ALL OVER THE COUNTER! Hundreds of them!
: Ewww!!
: So...I cleaned off the counters and started pouring white
vinegar
: liberally everywhere,
: and started mopping.....
: Then I opened the dishwasher. It had MILLIONS of the little
buggers!
: Looks like something must have hatched recently, and under or
inside
: the dishwasher! *shudder* It was black with them.
:
: So....sprayed Raid liberally, and ran the dishwasher twice to
clean
: them out. Then I saw another one on the counter, so I got out
my
: dollar store bottles of cinnamon and started sprinkling. All
over the
: floor, inside the dishwasher, especially around the seals, and
now I
: haven't seen an ant in hours.
:
: I'm calling management first thing Monday morning. There's a
nest
: somewhere nearby.
: So far, they're not in the cupboards, preferring to stay with
the
: water and sink.
: *sigh* Thank God I got into the habit of sealing all food up
tightly
: when I first moved south.
:
: As for Rita, she doesn't care. She's having too much fun
chasing the
: beetles that come in the patio door. I find squished bodies in
my
: living room once in awhile.
:
: Jane
: - owned and operated by Princess Rita, and apparently by a
billion
: ants.
: