Old July 4th 03, 08:48 AM
Ellie Pea

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 01:15:42 +0100, Mr. Nangla wrote:

Hey everybody,

just need some advice on getting my kittie to use a cat flap. It's a normal
staywell standard flap, d shaped and is magentically sealed to stop the air
(not the one that needs a magenetic collar). Some stories and tips would be
great.

Thanks

sham126
http://community.webshots.com/user/sham126a

If your moggie wants to go out, it will.
For the first couple of weeks I used sticky tape to stick the flap open
whilst I was in and Buffy would sit with her nose out having a sniff. So, I
found that if I went out into the garden on nice evenings with a coffee and
just hung around, she was nosey enough to come out and see what was going
on. Coming back in wasn't really an issue, if I came in, as soon as she
appeared at the flap I would open it slightly from the inside and after a
few attempts at opening it with her paw, she soon worked out she could do
eassier by pushing with her nose.
But, after a lot of expense (I had a new window installed so I could have a
flap) and effort, my moggie has decided in her infinite wisdom she is
mainly an indoor cat and the occasional sniff out of the flap is enough for
her!! Cats....don't ya love 'em :-)