Old June 22nd 04, 03:08 AM
pompless

Thanks for all your replies. Yes, we're taking her to the vet
tomorrow. The eating problem has only gotten really bad over the past
couple of days. We fed her some baby food today (is that ok
temporarily? i know other people who've done it before) and she seems
to have a better time with that, although she's still exhibiting some
of the same problems. The last time we took her to the vet for this,
they suggested teeth cleaning for which she'd have to be put under
anesthesia. But then her eating problem suddenly got better and she
was back to normal, so we didn't wanna put an 18-year-old kitty
through a traumatic procedure like that unless it was absolutely
necessary. But now the problem has come back again and worse, so now
I'm wondering if there might be some hidden tooth problems going on
(the vet said after a visual inspection that they were dirty, but not
that bad). We'll see what they have to say this time. I'm wondering
now though if it might be her throat since even baby food is giving
her trouble. I'll let you all know what happens.