Old February 11th 14, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe

Default Omega Paw Self-Cleaning Litter Box

First impression...

Interesting. The filter is smartly designed so that you can
tilt/role it all the way onto its top without the litter falling
out of the filtered litter area once it's upside down. That area
can catch a large amount of litter (the whole height of the side),
so the litter catch consumes little space inside of the box.
Still, the box could be larger, a few inches longer. After using
100+ quart Sterlite storage boxes, the large model looks small.
I'm planning to stick a plastic sheet on the bottom to help
prevent scratching and stuck litter. At the local megastore, there
are some thin sheets of polypropylene used for cutting boards. I
might glue that material to the bottom of the litter box.

The stuck litter problem might also be user error. Maybe they
weren't using enough litter, perhaps not realizing how much the
litter catch can hold when the box is rolled.

I'm a little concerned about wasted litter. But it was able to
catch one small turd that I hadn't caught from the old box. That
100+ quart Sterilite litter box empty looks clean. Still amazed at
how those things stay clean, even after the bottom is scratched
up.