Old May 19th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Otto is sick, lethargic

The vet said it was probably colitis. I just looked it up and he does have
a lot of the symptoms. He sent me home with Flagyl and Reglan, to be given
1/2 hour before he eats twice a day. I also got some prescription I/D
canned food, and the vet said to also try baby food to encourage him to eat.
The vet seemed pretty certain that this is a one time thing and that Otto
will be feeling fine in a few days. I'm to bring him in if he still won't
eat (but he's doing that right now, and hopefully will eat enough of it) or

Happy to hear he's going to be okay. I know that "whew" feeling when you
find out something's not as bad as you thought it could be. They sure know
how to worry us don't they?