Old April 12th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default ping: Phil P.

Meep's finally off the Clomicalm and on amytriptyline. Probably because
the vet got it from a compounding pharmacy, there was no drug insert for
it. Her dose is 2.5mg, once per day. Capsules.

I see it's an antihistamine, as well as having analgesic affects. I see
it's used for human interstitial cystitis as well.

However, Meep's showing a couple of possible side effects I don't seem
to see for humans:

Increased appetite (not necessarily a bad thing, she's a bit thin)
Increased activity
Increased vocalization

She hasn't been this active, or this talkative, in a long time. Also,
she's only been on the ami for two days - is that long enough to have
this effect? Or is this just because she's off the clomicalm?

What are the normal possible side effects of amitriptyline in cats?

jmc