Old June 17th 11, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default In memory of a friend.

Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Bill
Graham wrote:

I am very sorry to have to report that my favorite cat, "B-K" that I
picked up as a yearling in a Burger King parking lot on the day
before Thanksgiving in 2004, passed away last night at 11 PM. He
died of liver failure from something poisonous that he ingested,
probably last Tuesday. Cats keep themselves well groomed, and he
could have ingested the poison after walking through a field or lawn
freshly treated with some garden chemical. Or, he might have eaten
an animal that had been poisoned. He was very gregarious, and was
well known by all the neighbors, so I doubt if he was intentionally
harmed by anyone. I comfort myself in knowing that he lived a good
life with Frances and me for the 6-1/2 years we had him. He probably
would have died sooner and been much worse off had I left him in
that parking lot several years ago. I have told my dentist that the
worst pains in life are emotional, and now we have to pay for those
6-1/2 years of friendship that we enjoyed so much with B-K, the
Burger King cat.

I'm so sorry. It hurts so much.

You gave him a happy life and love too.

Judith

Thanks, Judith. - The average feral cat only lives about 5 years, so B-K was
ahead of the game with us. But both we and the neighbors will miss him......