Old August 22nd 03, 06:38 AM
JHBennett

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:24:12 -0500, "JHBennett"
wrote:

[[[[[[snip]]]]]]]]

Sorry to hear that your Mom had a bad reaction to her meds causing an
ulcer. We'll send along some healing purrs for her.

Thanks, Steve. I keep her advised of the traffic on the net and the plan is
to get her on line, once we're established at our new place. I'm not real
sure I want her following where I go on the net. I mean would you want YOUR
mother knowing where you go and what you say??????? I may have to contrive
something. --JB

I understand that with your allergies, worries about your mother,
moving to a new house you have a lot to on your plate wihout taming
your batch of ferals.. Sounds like you may have found the best
solution possible, as I'm sure thethe cats will be much better off as
barn cats far away from that neighbor from h*ll. A heated barn, food
and water, and plenty of critters to hunt - hey, I better not let my
bunch read this they might decide to put in an application.

Yeah, been thinking about that setup as well. Sounds like a feline vacation
resort, when you get right down to it. Hell, I'll bet they don't even have
to observe litter box discilpline! --JB

Even though it sounds like you're going to be cat-less for awhile, if
you have the time stick around and enjoy the group. Hey, I'd guess
that 25% of our traffic is not directly cat-related, and with your
sense of humor I'm sure we'd enjoy an occasional update on your move.
A word of warning, though, we've had some others in the group who were
cat-deprived, and somehow the group always seems to end up talking
them into getting a cat ;-)

Oh, I'm certain we'll be open for business at a new location, Steve.
Mainly, we want to get the cats here out of harm's way, but I'm certain
we'll be offering food, water, and shelter to anybody at our new
location...... including the birds. Presently, I'm going through about 15
pounds of birdseed every two days! Compare that with our peak of 18 pounds
of Meow mix every 10 days, at the height of Mom's diner.
I really do think cats are neat creatures, but I must be so careful
around them. Naturally, they seek me out for some reason. Perhaps they
believe no person should be cat-less and go to some extra effort on my
behalf. Fortunately, we've had some outstanding dogs along the way, so I've
not suffered from the absence of loyal companions...other than most of them
are gone now.
I understand the Catholic Church contends dogs can't go to Heaven,
because they don't have a soul. Dumbasses obviously don't know what they're
talking about.
Thanks for your kind thoughts and I do intend to keep in touch......
it's an interesting group and I've been impressed. A very vocal and
articulate bunch of bright people.
Cheers,
Jack