Old March 28th 05, 09:11 PM
polonca12000

Sorry I didn't get the original. Maybe you can phone your vet and ask about
the lip smacking, Susan?
Best wishes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Karen" wrote in message
WEll, does sound like he might be nauseated or else he may have a tooth
problem.

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
Hi the

I'm worried that Otis is not feeling well.

He's been doing this lip smacking thing for a couple of months that

makes
it
look like he's nauseated. He had a huge hairball (Chester's, if you

recall
since Otis doesn't have a lot of fur) a couple of weeks ago but he's

still
lip smacking. One time he did that, he had some mouse hair or something
wrapped around his tooth partly down his throat. I pulled it off his

tooth
for him then but I don't see anything there now. He's a little subdued

too.

He went to have a pee at 5:30 AM. He tapped me on the neck because he
wanted me to follow him. I went down to watch to make sure that peeing

was
going ok and he did a golf ball sized pee, had a snack, and came back to
bed. He was purring again in bed - hadn't done much purring all night.

At
9:15 AM he went to pee again. It looked golf ball sized again and he
squirted this time in spurts, like he often does. It looks like he's
spraying as he lifts his butt.

Anybody make something of the lip smacking? My spider sense is tingling

and
its more that he's moping around a bit more than usual. between that

and
the door slamming incident, I think I'll book an appointment for what
appears to be an otherwise healthy cat.

Susan M
Otis and Chester