Old January 10th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Default rescue tips?

Thanks, I'll confirm local laws with my rescue group, but I'm in Texas,
who's laws may be quite different from yours in the UK. I'd hazard to say
that, in Texas, some laws are vastly different from the rest of the United
States. This is a whole 'nother country.

Due to the location (we are in a brand new subdivision that is a half mile
from ANYTHING --surrounded by wilderness, and at the edge main highways) we
still feel that if she didn't escape from a neighbor (we've taken flyers to
all the occupied homes within walking distance and posted flyers at the
community mailbox).

As an update, she is neg for the nasties (Feline Aids, etc.) just has a
little parasitic GI infestation with meds on board, Revolution for fleas and
earmites and will go back for rabies and more boosters in 3 weeks. Overall
she is quite healthy. The doc says 8-10 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for advice on getting this little one started off right.
ie

"dallygirl" wrote in message
ups.com...
law says you have to make every effort to find the animals owners,you
have to contact your local police,local spca/rspca and vets that sort
of thing.
if after 7 days (uk law) no one comes forward then the animal is yours
to keep/rehome/and unfortunatly destroy.