Old February 19th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Vomiting started suddenly, with frequency

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 03:29:51 +0000, LMR via CatKB.com wrote:

Called the night tech at the clinic, she said take away her food, and
call if she's still retching in the morning. Perhaps feed her a bit of
chicken if she hasn't tossed any more.
I checked a book I have, it said take food away for 24 hours, then
suggested the same bland diet. That will be problematical as she won't
eat any human food except Parmesan cheese, shrimp and tuna - but not the

Try (onion-free) chicken baby food (after the 24 hour wait); never seen a cat
who doesn't like it. That is what most books and my own vet suggest after a
bout of diarreah as it is very bland and easy on the stomach.

I'm worried that she could have picked up something outside, since this
is very unusual for her, and it started after she'd been out. Now, for
only 10 minutes... but could a foreign body cause this sort of thing?

I'm wondering if it could be a hairball that won't come up since there was a
bit of hair in the first vomit. The hairball is trying to come out but just
the food does instead. Taking away the food for awhile sounds like a good
idea.

LMR

Maybe some hairball remedy or oil or butter would ease passage of a
hairball. Purrs that she will improve fast. MLB