Old March 29th 14, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 3/29/2014 1:19 PM, MaryL wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

Persia has eaten one version or another of Hill's r/x kibble for a
decade. Thankfully she LOVE LOVE LOVES the food. :-D

I don't LOVE LOVE LOVE the packaging. The zipper seal on the bag
doesn't seal well at all. I pour half of it into a tightly sealed
plastic bin. The food that I don't pour into the bin I have to fold it
over and put on clamp on the bag. It still goes stale.

It didn't occur to me until this month to complain about it via their
web site. They seemed surprised. They emailed back for details (UPC
codes, etc.) They even mentioned hmmm, no one else has complained.
Well hey, it took me TEN years to bring it up! LOL

The result? They apologised and sent me a $10 off coupon in the mail.
As the subject line says, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Jill

~~~~~~~
You really shouldn't need to do this, but my thought was that you could
protect the contents better if you fold the package over and staple it
*several* times. Possibly fold again and use the clamp. Don't open
until the bin is nearly empty. That way, you will only have to tear
through the staples once.

MaryL

Good suggestion but I dislike staples. I do have a decleater.

Jill

~~~~~~~~~
I was thinking of just tearing the bag apart and then throwing it away. You
would only need to open the bag once if you pour half of the bag into your
bin, then wait until the bin is almost empty before tearing the bag open.
Of course, you would need to take some care not to let staples fall loose
because Persia will be in the area.

MaryL