Old February 10th 17, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Advice Shamelessly Solicited

On 2/9/2017 7:38 PM, John Kasupski wrote:

Minnie is going to the vet tomorrow to be spayed, get her shots, and be
microchipped. It'll be her first time ever going to a vet so I don't expect her
to be happy about it. I hope she won't hate me forever after we get home.

She'll get plenty of attention if she'll tolerate it, and I won't be too proud
to resort to bribery - for which purpose I've got three different kinds of kitty
treats and a bag of catnip in a kitchen cupboard.

Any additional advice from fellow ailurophiles who have successfully convinced
their cat not to hold a grudge after a trip to the vet is appreciated.

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

Cats may not like going to the vet but they don't usually hold a grudge
for very long. The thing is, after just being being spayed she will not
be as active. She will need some time to heal. Give her some space,
talk to her softly.

She'll be fine. You'll both be fine. Just don't try to rush it.

Jill