Old February 9th 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Roxy seems better tonight

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the purrs, advice, and sympathy.

I got home tonight and I could *see Roxy's eye*! It's still a bit
cloudy, but I can see the iris and the pupil. She seems to be in a
little better spirits, too. She lay on top of me for a half hour
purring up a storm. And she let me pet her on the same side of her
face that the infected eye is on - she even leaned into my hand. I
tried scritching her lightly on her head, in that little area
between her bad eye and the ear on the same side, and she closed her
eyes and purred louder. So it can't be very painful, at least to the
touch in that area. Also it looks like the swelling has gone down a
bit.

So, I'll see how she looks in the morning. If she seems better, I'm
going to cancel the eye doctor appointment. For one thing, it's
45 minutes away, which is a long time for Roxy to be in the car.
She hates even a 5-minute drive! I would rather not put her through
that if not necessary. And I'd rather not put myself through it,
either. She is on 3 medications, so maybe they're starting to work.

Joyce