Old January 2nd 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue

Default Any suggestions for socializing a single kitty

Wendy, I hope it is not to late for the kitten.
I hope it is just its way of playing.
Does he spat?

The kitten should have been handled by someone.
It should have been hand fed bits of food.
I have three new kittens (3 to 4 weeks old) rescued from under my tool shed
and I make it a point to pick them up and handle them for at least an hour
each day.
The momma cat even comes in the house and feeds them now and she is starting
to tame down and accept the hand that feeds her.
If a kitten does not get attention from a human it will grow up to be feral
and wild.

Willee

"Wendy" wrote in message
The cat was found outside with his brother when he was around 2 1/2 - 3
weeks old. His brother didn't make it and he's been alone since. He's
around 7 weeks old and is doing a lot of biting. He's had a stuffed animal
in with him all along as well as other toys and his crate is kept in an
area where he is around people a lot. I've been so tempted to put him in
with a litter of kittens who are a few weeks older but he hasn't been
tested for FIV FeLV yet.

The other day he launched himself at my face and bit me so this is
becoming a problem and I don't feel right adopting him out until he has
more social skills.

Any suggestions?