Old November 29th 10, 10:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Stupid Food Question

I got the idea from her DH and it does work. Like she said you need enough
to really flush things out. It is nasty while doing but worth not having to
take meds for it.
"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, may just give that a try and get Ben to also - we both suffer from
sinus infections and allergies.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
its not strong enough and to flush properly you need a larger volume than
spray allows for, one of the benifits of having a sil who is a
naturopathic doctor is she explains whys of things, in order for the salt
to stop the infections, you need both a strong, warmish solution with
enough volume to really loosen the debri that might be hanging on...
saline spray is good to moisten while flying and to assist in preventing
nose bleeds, Lee
"CatNipped" wrote in message
You can get saline nasal spray at WalMart - it's really very cheap and
you don't have all that bother of mixing.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
he mixes it in a glass of water and snorts it, gross but he has reduced
his sinus infections to almost nil, and he really needed to wokrk on
thhis as he is allergic to several antibiotics so tries to limit those
he can take in case of some serious life threatening issue in the
future, Lee
"Winnie" wrote in message
On Nov 26, 2:15 am, "Storrmmee" wrote:
dh does use it now for clearing his sinuses, works very good to avoid
sinus
infections, Lee

Recently my doctor told me to spray saline solution in my noses when
was on a plane. Usually it gets very dry in the plane and I was
recovering
from a sinus congestion and cough.

A friend told me she used a neti pot to flush her nasal cavities with
saline soultion.
So salt does has other uses besides seasoning.

"Winnie" wrote in message

On Nov 25, 12:11 pm, "Storrmmee" wrote:

this is facinating, DH and i have been together the better part of
thirty
years, we have bought maybe five of those blue canisters with the
girl on
it
in that time, one we lost in an apartment flood, and one in the
house
fire,
two got thrown out due to getting rock hard, lol,
wrote in message

jmcquown wrote:

Once salted, you can't take it back. I don't usually salt things
while
cooking, beyond the usual 1/4 tsp. [or whatever] the recipe
calls for.
prefer to let people salt for themselves at the table. So...
don't put
salt
on anything but your own food?

Jill --also a salt-a-holic

waving hand Another salt freak here! I also don't cook with salt
because pretty much everyone I know prefers a lot less salt than I
like
to put on my food. If I salted to taste during the cooking
process,
I'd be the only one who would want to eat it.

Also, I've heard that when you salt food while it's cooking, it
tends
to lose some of the salty flavor - but it doesn't lose the sodium
content.
So then you might want to salt it again at the table, resulting in
more
sodium. If you salt food just as you're about to eat it you don't
have
an extra dose of it, at least! (Experienced cooks: any truth to
this
theory?)

Joyce

--
There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables
one

I mainly use salt for gargling whenever I have a sore throat, not for
cooking
or seasoning.