Old September 11th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

Default OT Sept. 11, 2001 a remembrance

I am sorry if this offends anyone but after 5 years I had to get this off
my chest. Today in remembrance all I could do is shed tears at the 4
moments of silence. Wear a american flag pin to show support. Drive with
my headlights on all day. To give a smile to the person as I held the door
for them. To make sure I said thank you and you are welcome with a smile on
my face.
To makes sure heroes are remember somehow some way a small way to say thank
you. You are not forgotten

On 9/11/01 I was driving a truckload of tires from Reno, NV to Oxnard, CA.
I had stopped at the TA truck stop in Salinas, CA for a cup of coffee.
While I was doctoring up my coffee another driver, watching the display
TVs, shouted out "Hey, a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center in
New York". All of us crowded around the TV to see what was going on. I had
to get back on the road, so I turned on the radio for more info.

You would be surprised at the number of truck drivers who were crying on
the CB radio that morning. And later that day there wasn't an American
flag available at any truck stops anywhere - they were all sold out.