Old November 1st 04, 10:05 AM
Skippy

Cathi wrote:
Apologies if I sound like a killjoy, but here it goes.

I loathe trick or treating. For the rest of the year, children are
discouraged from talking to and accepting sweets from strangers. How
come it all changes around Halloween?

Earlier tonight I saw the most interesting thing. A local parish built
themselves a new church which just opened this spring, and for Halloween
they had what they were calling a "trunk or treat". A lot of the church
members, 50 or so loaded up their trucks with candy and Halloween decor
and actually decorated their cars in a huge circle around the parking
lot. One even had the prettiest black oriental shorthair and she was
just convinced that she was the most gorgeous thing out and about that
evening. So the kids went from car to car, getting candy and their
pictures taken by everybody, look like lots of fun, and no one on the
roads and most likely very few strangers.

Mike
The early bird gets the worm;
but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese!!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/skippymjp/my_photos