Old August 7th 05, 10:21 PM
Norm

Pat wrote:

I didn't expect it, but I had outstanding success with my sweet corn crop
this year, in spite of the cats using the shady spaces between the plants as
a playground and nap hangout in the summer heat. The plants are 10' high and
bearing 3-4 ears per stalk!!!

I'd be more jealous if I didn't have a few local ears staying cool for
dinner in an hour, along with a nice rib steak (on sale #3.99/lb - I
cave when the market lets me!)

Seeing as how Abelard adores sweet corn, I've been letting him have a bit
now and then, and he always begs for more. So yesterday I gave him
two whole

The old Siamese loved sweet corn, even to taking it without butter (but
cooked). Max liked it with butter. The cat at the local farm in White
Plains NY was like Abelard - when I expressed surprise that he was
always underfoot looking for an ear, the farmer shucked an ear and the
farm cat just chowed down right there. More rebuttal to the NYT bit
that cats don't like sweets? Norm

--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.