Old May 17th 05, 03:23 PM

Rona Y. wrote:
The school at which I work has a few cats on campus--none have owners

and
only one that I know of has been TNRed. The TNR cat is fed by

someone on
campus (not daily, but often) but I do not know if the other cats are

also
fed. Recently, a number of crows have been found dead, and people

are
blaming the cats. These crows are quite large, and not eaten, just

dead.
It seems to me that if hungry stray cats were able to kill these

large
crows, they also would have eaten them. However, other staff members

are
insisting that the cats are at fault, and that they should be trapped

and
turned over to animal control (which will, without a doubt, euthanize

them).

I guess what I'm hoping is to hear that it would be very difficult

for a cat
to kill a crow. I need to save these cats, and passing on this kind

of
information is pretty much the only way I can help these cats (I

should also
mention that I'm in Japan, so no animal shelters, no humane society,
nothing--I've already investigated possible options, and there is no
organization out there who can take these cats). So, can cats kill

crows
easily?

rona

I don't think the cats are killing those crows. Crows are hard to kill,
not only because of their size, but they're very smart. I also don't
think stray cats would just kill them for sport--the bodies would show
some damage, and there would be feathers all over the place. Sounds
like somebody just doesn't like the cats and they're playing the blame
game.
The real kicker is, who in the WORLD would want crows on a campus?
They're nasty and will run off the songbirds.

Sherry